Hypnos-Ypnos Therapies and Coaching (rapid transformational therapy / hypnosis therapy and Business Success Coaching)
We believe that your health information should have heightened privacy protections, which is also required by federal and state laws. All collection, use, and disclosure of your health information through the Site is governed by Hypnos-Ypnos Therapies Professionals’ Notice of Privacy Practices. When you create an Account and log in to the Site using your Account Information, you access a secure patient portal. We treat all health information that you provide when creating an Account and in the patient portal as health information under Hypnos-Ypnos Therapies Professionals’ Notice of Privacy Practices. That means if we need to collect, use, or disclose that health information for any reason, we follow the Notice of Privacy Practices. Please review the Notice of Privacy Practices for more information on how we protect your health information and your rights under applicable laws.
The personal information we collect or maintain may include:
· Site Activity Information. We track certain actions you take on the Site such as the content of searches performed on the Site and information that you enter into the Site (e.g. your name and email address when signing up for an email newsletter, requesting more information about us and our Services, etc.).
· Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site from a computer or other device, we may collect information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed, device model, operating system version, and access times.
· Certain features of the Site use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the Site can connect you to a Healthcare Professional who is licensed or authorized to provide Services in the state where you are located. Strictly necessary and functionality Cookies are used on our Site to support Site functionality and security. These Cookies collect crash analytics and Site activity data, as well as provide security measures.
· We may collect information from your mobile device or computer including the type of device used to access the Site, operating system version, and mobile device carrier. This information is used to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of the Site.
We may use de-identified information created by us without restriction. When we use the term “de-identified information,” we mean information that is neither used nor intended to be used to personally identify an individual.
Children under age 18.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
· To provide you with the Site and full functionality on the Site.
· To notify you when Site updates are available.
· To market and promote the Site and the Services to you.
· To create de-identified information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Site.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us personal information.
We may also disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
· To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and associated organizations.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential.
· As required by law, which can include providing information as required by a court order.
· When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hypnos-Ypnos Therapies’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Disclosure to Third Parties.
At times Hypnos-Ypnos Therapies may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services, including to help us market to consumers. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with applicable laws. Hypnos-Ypnos Therapies does not sell personal information, and personal information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Modification of Information.
Members will be able to update some of their information through the Site. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limitations on Deletion of Information.
Steps we take to keep your information secure.
We employ reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial security methods to help protect against unauthorized access to personal information, such as encryption. But please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or data storage facility can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
Right to Non-Discrimination.
You can exercise your rights by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you choose to exercise your privacy rights, you will not receive discriminatory treatment or a lesser degree of service from us.
If you have questions or concerns about our Privacy Practices, or would like to report a violation, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of Health Information Privacy Practices
The Healthcare Professionals who deliver Services through the Site practice within a group of independently owned professional practices collectively known as “Hypnos-Ypnos Therapies Professionals” (“us”, “we”, “our”). This Notice of Health Information Privacy Practices or “Notice” describes how Hypnos-Ypnos Therapies Professionals (and Neetsirk Company LTD, Inc. when acting on behalf of Hypnos-Ypnos Therapies Professionals) may use and disclose your health information and how you can access this information. Please review this Notice carefully.
How is patient privacy protected?
We understand that information about you and your health is personal. By “health information,” we mean protected health information as defined under federal law (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA, and its implementing regulations). Not only is it our legal obligation, but it is our business imperative to ensure the confidentiality of your health information. We continuously seek to safeguard your health information through administrative, physical, and technical means, and otherwise abide by applicable federal and state laws.
How do we collect and maintain your health information?
The health information that we collect or maintain may include:
· Your name, age, email address, username, password, and other registration information.
· Health information that you provide us, which may include information or records relating to your medical or health history, health status and laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, and other health related information.
· Health information about you prepared or obtained by the Healthcare Professionals(s) who provide clinical services through the Site such as medical and therapy records, treatment and examination notes, and other health related information.
· Billing information that you provide us, such as credit card information, or that we receive from a health plan, employer or other provider of healthcare benefits on your behalf.
How do we use and disclose health information?
We use and disclose your health information for the normal business activities that the law sees as falling in the categories of treatment, payment and healthcare operations. Generally, we do not need your permission for these disclosures under applicable laws. Below we provide examples of those activities, although not every use or disclosure falling within each category is listed:
· Treatment – We keep a record of the health information you provide us. This record may include your test results, diagnoses, medications, your response to medications or other therapies, and information we learn about your medical condition through the Services. We may disclose this information so that other doctors, nurses, and entities such as laboratories can meet your healthcare needs.
· Payment – We document the services and supplies you receive when we are providing care to you so that you, your insurance company or another third party can pay us. We may tell your health plan about upcoming treatment or services that require prior approval by your health plan.
· Health Care Operations – Health information is used to improve the services we provide, to train staff, for business management, quality assessment and improvement, and for customer service. For example, we may use your health information to review our treatment and services and to evaluate the performance of our staff in caring for you.
We may also use and disclose your health information to:
· Comply with federal, state or local laws that require disclosure.
· Inform authorities to protect victims of abuse or neglect.
· Comply with federal and state health oversight activities such as fraud investigations.
· Respond to law enforcement officials or to judicial orders, subpoenas or other processes.
· Conduct research following internal review protocols to ensure the balancing of privacy and research needs.
· Avert a serious threat to health or safety.
· Assist in specialized government functions such as national security, intelligence and protective services.
· Inform a correctional institution if you are an inmate.
· Inform workers’ compensation carriers or your employer if you are injured at work.
· Recommend treatment alternatives.
· Tell you about health-related products and services.
· Communicate within our organization for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations.
· Communicate with other providers, health plans, or their related entities for their treatment or payment activities, or health care operations activities relating to quality assessment and improvement, care coordination and the qualifications and training of healthcare professionals.
· Provide information to other third parties with whom we do business, such as a record storage provider. However, you should know that in these situations, we require third parties to provide us with assurances that they will safeguard your information.
· We may also use or disclose your personal or health information for operational purposes. For example, we may communicate with individuals involved in your care or payment for that care, such as family or guardians and send appointment reminders.
All other uses and disclosures, not previously described, may only be done with your written authorization. We will also obtain your authorization before we use or disclose your health information for marketing purposes or before we would sell your information. You may revoke your authorization at any time; however, this will not affect prior uses and disclosures. In some cases state law may require that we apply extra protections to some of your health information.
What are the Healthcare Professional’s Responsibilities?
We are required by law to:
· Maintain the privacy of your health information.
· Provide this Notice of our duties and privacy practices.
· Abide by the terms of the Notice currently in effect.
· Tell you if there has been a breach that compromises your health information.
We reserve the right to change our privacy practices and make the new practices effective for all the information we maintain. Revised notices will be posted on the Site.
Do you have any Federal Rights?
The law entitles you to:
· Inspect and copy certain portions of your health information. We may deny your request under limited circumstances. You may request that we provide your health records to you in an electronic format.
· Request amendment of your health information if you feel the health information is incorrect or incomplete. However, under certain circumstances we may deny your request.
· Receive an accounting of certain disclosures of your health information made for the prior six (6) years, although this excludes certain disclosures for treatment, payment, and health care operations. (Fees may apply to this request.)
· Request that we restrict how we use or disclose your health information. However, we are not required to agree with your requests, unless you request that we restrict information provided to a payor, the disclosure would be for the payor’s payment or healthcare operations, and you have paid for the health care services completely out of pocket.
· Request that we communicate with you at a specific telephone number or address.
· Obtain a paper copy of this notice even if you receive it electronically.
We may ask that you make some of these requests in writing.
DATA COLLECTION AND PRIVACY
This is to inform you what data I am collecting from you and what I intend to do with it.
What data do I keep and why do I need it?
Name and age – these are basic information that helps me get to know you.
Address, email address, phone number – I use this as a way of contacting you regarding your sessions. I will mainly use the method you first contacted me on but if I cannot reach you, I will try a different method.
Next of kin/medical professional’s details – If I was worried that you were at risk then I may need to contact your next of kin or medical professional if I can. I will let you know when/if I am going to do this.
Session notes – I keep brief notes of our session(s), [add in a description of how these are kept].
Will I share your data and if I do, who will I share it with and for what purpose?
It is very unlikely that I will share your data. I will not sell it on or use it for unethical reasons. I may have to share it if my notes are subpoenaed by court, if you or anyone you tell me about is at harm or risk of harm, I may have to pass this information on. I may also discuss your case during supervision, but I only use your first name.
How will I store your data?
Example text: It is mainly stored as hard copy in a locked filing cabinet. Immediately after the work is finished, I transfer the data with your initials to my password protected computer. Your phone number(s) may be kept in my business mobile phone with your first name and last initial. Only I will access your information.
How long will I store your data for and how will I dispose of it?
I will keep your details and session notes for the time required by my insurer (currently
7 years). After this time, I will destroy any document with your personal information and delete your phone number out of my mobile phone.
Do you consent to me using your data in this way?
Yes or No
Your Full Name:
Name of Therapist: Kris Carriere
Signature of Therapist: Kris Carriere